He made his writing debut with a stage production “17 Days,” which was produced at The Colony Theater in Los Angeles and played in in small theaters around the country. The work received strong critical praise and several DramaLogue Awards.
A few years later, his second play “Mountains” debuted at The Colony. It went on to win the GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Los Angeles Theater Production.
He transitioned into travel writing, authoring more than a dozen guide books about Las Vegas including Frommer’s, Las Vegas for Dummies, and Moon Handbooks.
Rick has published four novels including “Interitas Volume 1: The Beginning of Sorrows,” “Interitas Volume 2: False Prophets,” and “Interitas Volume 3: Unequaled,” the first three books in a proposed seven book YA series, and “Jake Davenport PI: The Case of the Missing Cha Cha Heel,” a comedic mystery.
For television, he has written, co-written, developed the story, and/or acted as executive producer on many movies including:
- Mix Up in the Mediterranean starring Jeremy Jordan and Jessica Lowndes aired February 2021 on Hallmark Channel
- Country at Heart starring Jessy Schram and Niall Matter aired October 2020 on Hallmark Channel
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas starring Eric Mabius and Tricia Helford aired December 2019 on Hallmark Channel
- A Blue Ridge Mountain Christmas starring Rachael Leigh Cook and Benjamin Ayres aired November 2019 on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- A Working Mom’s Nightmare starring Lydia Wilson and Rupert Graves, aired October 2019 on Lifetime Movie Network
- Nostalgic Christmas starring Brooke D’Orsay and Trevor Donovan aired October 2019 on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (Executive Producer)
- Love, Romance and Chocolate starring Lacey Chabert and Will Kemp aired February 2019 on Hallmark Channel
- Valentine in the Vineyard starring Rachael Leigh Cook and Brendan Penny aired February 2019 on Hallmark Channel
- A Shoe Addict’s Christmas starring Candace Cameron Bure, Luke Macfarlane, and Jean Smart aired November 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- Welcome to Christmas starring Eric Mabius and Jennifer Finnigan aired December 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- Christmas at the Palace starring Merritt Patterson and Andrew Cooper aired November 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- Christmas at Pemberley Manor starring Jessica Lowndes and Michael Rady aired October 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- Love on Safari starring Lacey Chabert and Jon Cor aired July 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- The Perfect Bride Wedding Bells starring Pascale Hutton and Kavan J. Smith aired June 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- Frozen in Love starring Rachael Leigh Cook and Niall Matter , aired January 2018 on Hallmark Channel
- A Royal New Year’s Eve starring Jessy Schram, Sam Page, and Cheryl Ladd aired December 2017 on Hallmark Channel
- Christmas in Evergreen starring Ashley Williams and Teddy Sears, aired December 2017 on Hallmark Channel
- Enchanted Christmas starring Alexa and Carlos Penavega, aired November 2017 on Hallmark Channel
- Once Upon a Date starring Dean Geyer and Katrina Bowden, aired 2017 on PixL TV
- Same Time Next Week starring Jewel Staite and Travis Milne, aired August 2017 on PixL TV
- Bad Date Chronicles starring Merritt Patterson and Justin Kelly, aired July 2017 on PixL TV
- The Perfect Bride starring Pascale Hutton and Kavan J. Smith, aired June 2017 on Hallmark Channel
- The Sound of Christmas starring Lindy Booth and Robin Dunne , aired December 2016 on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- Christmas in Homestead starring Taylor Cole and Michael Rady, airied November 2016 on Hallmark Channe
- Late Bloomer starring Italia Ricci and Nathan Parsons, aired August 2016 on PixL TV
He is working on many more television movies for Hallmark Channel and will debut a new mystery movie on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 2021. The fourth novel in the Interitas series entitled “Out in the Wilderness” will debut in 2021.
Rick enjoys taking road trips to see colorful bits of Americana and counts Savannah, Georgia as his favorite city in the world. In his spare time you’ll probably find him on the couch binge-watching TV.